The only time in whole life that I’ve been utterly and irremediably starstruck in my life was because of this woman.
I was dating an ABT dancer at the time and I was in a lift to Steps (the New York dance studios) about to take class.
And there she was. About a foot shorter than me, extremely slim and looking old and tired. A long shot from all her glamorous dance posters and movies.
Still, I was so ridiculously in awe of her. “It can’t be her! It can’t be her!” I kept thinking.
Then she started a discussion on the latest ballets she was going to perform before retiring. And there it was, my confirmation.
I nervously exited the lift before her and she stood next to me in the queue to check in the studio. Then she smiled at me.
It was a struggle to maintain my composure.
- randomequalswsk reblogged this from musicsexshowsandsteak
- thesoundofmusicandlove likes this
- honeysucklesandgrapevines likes this
- justrelaxandbreathe reblogged this from primaballerina83
- memoirofadandelion reblogged this from balletpassionate
- labeanlandia likes this
- Show more notes